We are pleased to announce the speakers for the Nexus, resource conflicts and social justice workshop, 29 Feb 2016, Sussex, UK. In recent years, the notion of the nexus has gained traction in the domain of natural resource governance. While nexus thinking has highlighted the importance of integration across diverse sectors, debates have tended to be abstract. The purpose of this workshop is to ground these debates and hammer out the implications for local resource users.
Date: Monday 29 February 2016.
Venue: Institute of Development Studies, Brighton, UK.
The speakers are drawn from a range of academic, government and NGO organisations
- Rosaleen Duffy, Professor in the Political Ecology of Development, SOAS, University of London.
- Yacob Mulugetta, Professor of Energy and Development Policy, University College London.
- Dorothy-Grace M. Guerrero, Author and consultant working with NGOs and social movements.
- Stefan Bouzarovski, Professor of Geography, University of Manchester.
- Amber Huff, Social anthropologist and political ecologist, Institute of Development Studies.
- Alex Bolding, Wageningen UR.
- Nick Hildyard, Cornerhouse.
- Steffen Böhm, Director, Essex Sustainability Institute.
- Mike Bradshaw, Warwick Business School.
- Jeremy Allouche, water governance, security and development, Institute of Development Studies.
For more information see the Nexus, resource conflicts and social justice workshop page.
Join the waitlist
We have had a large amount of interest in this event and have allocated all the places, but if you are interested then please do let us know. Just add your details to the wailist page and we will contact you if a place becomes available.