QUESTION SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED.
Nexus2020 is a project that brings together business, academics, policy makers and civil society to determine the most important questions that need to be answered around food, energy, water and the natural environment to inform business practice.
From March – July 2015 we asked people to submit questions. The next step will be in September 2015, when the Nexus2020 team will bring together 20 academics from a range of disciplines and 20 business leaders from numerous different sectors, to identify from all the submissions the top most important questions for research. The work will be published in an international research journal and will be presented at the Nexus Network annual conference in November 2015.
- Godfray, H. C. J., Beddington, J. R., Crute, I. R., Haddad, L., Lawrence, D., Muir, J. F., & Toulmin, C. (2010). Food Security: The Challenge of Feeding 9 Billion People. Science, 327(5967), 812-818. doi: 10.1126/science.118538
- Smith, P. (2013). Delivering food security without increasing pressure on land. Global Food Security, 2(1), 18-23. doi: 10.1016/j.gfs.2012.11.008
- Hejazi, M., Edmonds, J., Clarke, L., Kyle, P., Davies, E., Chaturvedi, V., & Kim, S. (2014). Long-term global water projections using six socioeconomic scenarios in an integrated assessment modeling framework. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 81(0), 205-226. doi: 10.1016/j.techfore.2013.05.006
- Haddeland, I., Heinke, J., Biemans, H., Eisner, S., Flörke, M., Hanasaki, N., & Wisser, D. (2014). Global water resources affected by human interventions and climate change. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111(9), 3251-3256. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1222475110
- IEA. World Energy Outlook 2014: IEA.
- Cranston, G. R., Green, J.M.H., & Tranter, H.R. (2015). Doing business with nature: Opportunities from natural capital. Report by the Natural Capital Leaders Platform. Cambridge, UK: CISL.