The Nexus Shocks Network held a symposium on Monday 30 November 2015 in London. The Nexus Shocks Network brings together interdisciplinary and cross-sectorial expertise to engage in constructive dialogue, identify opportunities to address challenges, and better inform decision making in response to nexus shocks.
At the 30 November 2015 symposium, the future aim, scope and strategy of the network, was outlined, informed by discussions from five previous workshops.
Nexus Shocks are low probability, high impact events that span energy, water and food systems. They impact multiple actors, scales and disciplines making them complex to understand and uncertain to address.
Five workshops were held between September and October 2015 to explore strategies for effective decision making on Nexus Shocks with interested actors across different sectors:
- Predicting shocks and hazards – in collaboration with the Met Office.
- Transmission and mitigation of risk though infrastructure – in collaboration with Atkins.
- Insurance and finance for resilience – in collaboration with Lloyds of London & Willis RE.
- Local business responses to shocks – in collaboration with Climate UK.
- Governance, governments and shocks – in collaboration with Chatham House.
For more information about the Nexus Shocks project please email email@example.com or call on +44 (0)1223 695108.
Follow the project on twitter with #NexusShocks and @uk_nexus.
Image credit: with thanks to Donna B. Cooper on flickr.