The workshop aims to identify:
- The overlap between issues that NGOs are focused on, which need a stronger evidence base, and the issues that academics are working on.
- How these efforts could be better integrated in order to enable greater impact.
- Whether NGO input into research and funding priorities would align research needs and potential impact more closely.
- How the opportunities that attendees identify for more effective NGO-academic interaction can be realised.
- The role that NERC can play.
If you are an academic interested in better engagement with the NGO community on food research and policy, then please send an Expression of Interest to Faye Scott (FScott@green-alliance.org.uk) with the following details:
- Area of expertise
- Your reasons for wanting to attend this workshop.
Please note that spaces are limited and formal invitations will be made based on the information provided in your Expression of Interest.
Image credit: With thanks to Bruce Tuten on Flickr.